Monday, May 11, 2009

gEarings

Well since they've been delivered, it is now officially safe for me to post about these. For mothers day I made my mom a pair of gEarings, (stud earings that double as a functioning planetary gear when in their case)

All spread out
All closed up
Open lid
All spread out, different angle


I also put the design and instructions on Thingiverse where they have since been featured.

A couple really nice things in my mind: the entire thing is laser cut (including the dowels) There is very little glue (backs of the earrings only) and the earrings were thinned down using the laser on etch.

I am pleased.

3 comments:

Marion said...

Mom likes her gEarrings a lot!

shawna x. said...

these are sooooooo awesome and neato!!

shawna x. said...

dammit andrew, i love them so much they are my authentic product...

http://shawna-x.blogspot.com/2009/05/authentic-product.html