Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Authenticity Visual Responses

So far I've only posted 1/6 of the visual responses for Zara's class. Initially it was because I was debating whether or not I wanted to post them on my blog, then it was just because I was just not doing them. I'm still not sure I want these on the blog, but since I'm doing them all at once, what the hell!


Authentic Brand

Adafruit Industries

Adafruit Industries is the epitome of an authentic brand to me. Why? I'm not sure. But I feel a strong emotional connection to it as a brand, and really feel like the values it embodies are ones that should be upheld within the DIY community.

Authentic Portland Architecture

The Bridges of Portland
What could be more authentic to Portland than its iconic bridges?

Authentic Experience

Third Class Superhero - Charles Yu

Ok, so this book is actually pretty sub par, and by no means is it an experience, but it had this really cool excerpt about authentic experiences, so I thought I'd include that.

"We choose a package deal with Authentic ExperiencesTM.
According to the brochure, there are five kinds of Experience: Urban, Rural, Semirural, Ethnic, and Ethnic with Danger. Standard Endangerment is Mild or Implied, but those in the know understand they may inquire discreetly about Actual Hazard - e.g., I've heard there might be something more? wispered into the ear of a client services representative (along with a slip of paper, folded and pressed into the palm, on which has been written a four- or even low five-figure sum) - for which damage waiver/general release forms will have to be signed and notarized..."

"'When does the Authenticity start?' my wife says. 'I want to have some Experiences.'"

Authentic Artist

No Pic

I really can't think of anyone who embodies the idea of an authentic artist. Really, I think anyone who is putting work out there with artistic intent fits. (And no, I don't think they have to handle all stages of production to qualify.)

Authentic Designed Product

gEarings

Is it wrong to mark my own product as an "authentic designed product?" I mean, come on, Shawna thinks it authentic, and I'm not about to disagree with her!

No comments: