Saturday, October 4, 2008

Scott Pilgrim Gets it Together

Scott Pilgrim - Book 4
I finally picked up Scott Pilgrim #4 - Scott Pilgrim Gets it Together

I've been trying to for a while now, but every time I went to Borders they didn't have it. But since I live in Portland now, I figured I'd give Powell's a try. It is a Portland icon after all. I'd heard about how big that place is before, but even so...dear lord, I was not prepared for that sheer mass of books. I mean seriously. Seriously. WOW.

But anyway, back to Scott Pilgrim: I picked that up at Powell's today, and just sat down and churned through it. I love this titled, and #4 is no exception. In fact, I think it may be my favorite thus far. Bryan Lee O'Malley's style of story telling, which combines 90s video game references with a coming of age story, is just great.

Oh, and the color pages? AWESTACULAR!

No comments: