Saturday, November 8, 2008

Practicing What I Preach

working title

Considering how much I've been talking / thinking / ranting about flash websites lately, I figured I really should do what I talk about. That is, if I'm going to champion standards based sites, I should learn to do the shiny effects using standards based tech.

So that's what I'm doing, currently making a css, xhtml, javascript (prototype & scriptaculous at the moment) clone of the flash site that Nina has been working on.

...thus far I've got the little bar of posts. But hey, I literally just picked up scriptaculous and prototype last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Javascript Tweener might be helpful.

Also, http://www.schillmania.com/ proves that almost anything you can do in flash you can do in Javascript!

Andrew S. Parnell said...

Great, another javscript lib. to check out. Thanks Nina. :P ;) (I'm also looking at Mootools, but I'm starting to think / feel like scriptaculous will work the best for me.)

And yeah, schillmania is pretty awesome isn't it?