Sunday, November 2, 2008

Vinyl

Those of us in the digital arts department in Portland often feel like the redheaded step child in the Stag. We've been slow to move into our studio and have a visual presence there. In an attempt to combat this, we're doing a continuous vinyl piece around the studio.

Back story aside, I've been struggling with mine. I've been trying to do this fluid, morphing, chronological piece involving bubbles, jellyfish, balloons and water. It just wasn’t working out.

Then, after talking to Daniel, I came to an idea that works REALLY well (if I may say so) and fits the rest of my practice, illustrating what I’m all about.

I have a few tweaks remaining so that the mechanics of it work out for what I’m trying to get at, but here is a preview of the near finished piece:

YAY FOR GEARS!

No comments: