Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quiche

Quiche


I made a quiche today, inspired by a quiche my former roommate Stacy and I used to make. I don't have the recipe for that particular quiche, nor did I have all the ingredients it used (it used evaporated milk) so I made up a recipe as I went. It came out pretty well.

Since this is the first thing I've posted here where I used my own recipe, I have no problem sharing it with you all.

Rules of 3 Quiche
(aka Spinach Quiche)

Preheat the oven to 350.

Put a pie crust in a pan, filled with pie weights, and bake for 10 minutes

While it's baking beat together:
3 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1 cup cooked chopped spinach
1/3 cup parmesan cheese

Dash of paprika
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper

Remove the pie weights from the crust and fill with the beat egg mix.
Bake until firm. (I started with 45 minutes, but I think it wound up taking an hour)

I'm fairly happy with the results. If I make it again though I think I'll do it with 1/3 cup less cottage cheese and an extra egg.

No comments: