Monday, December 8, 2008

Triumph Breakfast

Saturday morning I woke up after a little over 12 hours of sleep. It was wonderful. Since I got back in town Monday I'd been sleeping 2-3 hours a night on my couch (knowing full well that if I slept in my bed, there would be no waking me). I'd get home at 5 am, crash, wake up at 8, and go back to the studio.

Toward the end of the week the combination of lack of sleep, and poor eating habits were really getting to me. I was moody, and at times a careless (see: I had a mental lapse and grabbed the hot end of a soldering iron.)

But it was all worth it. I got my piece finished in time and went through a fairly successful review. A lot of questions were posed that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise, and some fabrication errors presented themselves to bring a possible new direction to the project.

When I woke up Saturday, I decided it was time to celebrate. And in my world, there is only one way to celebrate: food. So I made spinach bacon eggs benedict!

Start with fresh home made biscuits, topped with spinach sauteed in white wine:

Biscuits topped with spinach

Add a couple strips of bacon:
Bacon!

Next: 2 perfectly poached eggs (ie: yolks still soft)
Mmmmmm

And finally coat in hollendais sauce:
Look at that!
(I let mine sit about 5 seconds too long and it started to curdle. Unfortunate, but still delicious.)

Soooo good.

No comments: